Saturday, September 27, 2014

It's Time!

   Tomorrow is the big day!!  It's so strange to think that my IMCHOO journey is almost over. I seriously have no idea what I'm going to do with myself next weekend when I don't have to get up at 4:30 to go ride.

Hey - that's ME!

   I wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for being so supportive throughout this experience. Ironman takes up so much of your life, and unfortunately, many things go to the wayside. I've missed many social events because I had to go ride my bike or get to the pool. I haven't even been able to run with East Nasty because it wasn't in my schedule! You kind of think that you're forgotten by everyone outside of triathlon. But so many people have reached out this week to wish me good luck - I'm really overwhelmed. I'm very fortunate to have all of you in my life. I really appreciate all of your well-wishes, and will carry them with me throughout the race tomorrow. 
   I'd also like to thank everyone who has trained with me this year, especially my FTP teammates. Misery loves company, and I loved suffering out there with all of you. Of course, I wouldn't be here right now without Coach Andrew and Coach Jessica from FTP.  Thank you for all of your sound advice and pushing me further than I thought possible. 

Team FTP! 

   My last thanks are for my family. My parents and brother have always been a source of unwavering support, no matter how crazy my ideas seem. I am also very fortunate to have wonderful in-laws who encourage me at every step. And I really have no words to describe how wonderful my husband, Dudley, has been throughout this madness. It would be impossible to have done this with without him. Thank you so much. I love you all.
   OK - that's it! Gottta get ready for tomorrow!! See you all at the finish line (I hope!!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment