Monday, February 4, 2013

TNT Week 5 Update! 63%!!

   I know it's Monday and I'm a little late posting this update. But hey - the Super Bowl was on last night. I love y'all, but I'm not going to pass up the last football game of the season to blog! Though it was a great game - as someone who works in game-day sports production, I had empathetic anxiety for the crew trying to get the lights back on the stadium last night. WOW. I just knew how many people were FREAKING OUT over that situation. Makes my hands sweat just thinking about it. I would NOT have wanted to be in that control room last night. Anyway, back to the blog...  
   As I mentioned in my last post, the weather has been CRAZY here in Nashville recently. And Saturday was no exception. I had planned on meeting with the TNT crew at 7:00 am as usual, but not to run. I needed 11 miles, and the TNT crew was only running 5-6. Since I wanted my miles in one continuous chunk, I was going to meet with TNT, stay for the meeting and Mission Moment, and then head down to LP Field to meet FTP for their long run. Great plan, huh? Yeah, none of it happened.
   Oh - I got up at 5:30 on Saturday morning to head down to meet TNT. Around 6:30, I checked the weather and though it said "snow / sleet starting at 6am," nothing was happening yet. Plus, we've now had at least three false weather panics over the past week or two in Nashville, so I figured it'd be OK to head out. So at 6:50, I head on out to Fleet Feet, which is where TNT was meeting. Sure, it had started to snow a little, but the radar had the clouds moving on by this time. It wouldn't stick, right?
   Wrong. I didn't make it 5 minutes from the house before I realized I needed to turn my butt around and get back to the house ASAP. Two reasons - 1) the snow was sticking to the roads and my car has rear wheel drive. It is HORRIBLE in snow. Even a quarter of an inch is enough for me to get stuck (it's happened). And 2) the sidewalks were getting covered and I really don't need to fall and twist my ankle this close to the NOLA half-marathon. Considering I've fallen over nothing in the past, I didn't want to take any chances. So I went home. And pretty much just in time, because this was a freakin' blizzard for Nashville. I'd say that by 7:15, I wouldn't have been able to make it up the hill in my neighborhood.
   So I missed everything TNT on Saturday. No catching up on everyone's fundraising. No inspirational Mission Moment. There were a few brave souls who did make it out to the TNT and FTP runs and actually got some milage in during the storm. I, on the other hand, was back in the house, sitting on the sofa with my pups debating if I should try to go back to sleep or not (I did).
   But before you all start thinking I've turned into a big slacker, I DID get my 11 miles in yesterday with the fabulous ladies from East Nasty. Don't know what I'd do without those girls, I tell ya.
   Now - for the big reveal. I'm currently up to...63% of my goal or $3,145!! Booyah! I think last week was the best for me fundraising-wise since the campaign started. SO HAPPY! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
More purple than green now!! 

      Unfortunately, I lost my place as Tennessee's #1 fundraiser. Well, for now. ;-) But losing my ranking is actually great news, because that means more money raised for research and to help families fighting blood cancers!
   And a quick update on my giveaway. I had the drawing for the J. Alexander's gift certificate this morning, and my friend Dana (who is running the Nike Half Marathon with me) won. Since she doesn't live in an area with a J. Alexander's, she gave it back and told me to use it in another drawing. So I am! It will be Wednesday morning. Anyone who donates between now and then has a chance to win! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

No comments:

Post a Comment