Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NOLA Half Weekend!!

   The NOLA half-marathon is this Sunday. Originally, I was trying to be all bad and go for a sub-2:00 time. Now I'm not sure what the heck is going to happen. You see, I'm kind of a creature of habit. I like order and lists and crossing things off. If my workout says to run 800 repeats on Tuesday morning, then I want to run my 800 repeats on Tuesday morning. But over the past month, my work has picked up significantly and I'm working much later - sometimes until 9:30 or 10:00. So while I WANT to do my workouts at the day and time that my training dictates, I'm more often than not squeezing them in when I can - often late at night. This totally stresses me out. Not to mention, I'm missing out on sleep.

This is my life.

     I know I'll finish, but running is SO mental that there is a pretty good chance I would turn this into a "fun race" at the first pang of discomfort if I were running alone. However - I'm NOT running alone. I have a kick-ass group of East Nasties pacing me - my A-Team: Allison, Alicia and Ashlee. We're all shooting for a 2:00 race. My game plan is now to just follow them and hope I can hang on until the finish. We'll see how it goes!
   Apparently, there are around FORTY East Nasties going down to race NOLA this weekend. So. Very. Cool. Also, I read that Mo Farah, Kara Goucher and Shalane Flanagan are all racing as well. Talk about elite athletes. Those are three of the biggest names in running! No matter how I do time-wise, it's going to be a great weekend!
Click here to join my fight against cancer! http://pages.teamintraining.org/tn/nikewhlf13/kmylls

No comments:

Post a Comment