Thursday, January 8, 2015

Resolutions (Finally)

   Yes, I know we're already eight days into 2015, but I've finally come up with some goals for this year.  Better late than never, right?

Goal 1.  Run a sub 2:00 half marathon. Yes, this has been my goal for several years, but silly things like Ironman Chattanooga keep getting in the way. So, I'm back on it. My current PR is 2:04. That's a long way to go, but I'm going to try to keep chipping away at it until I get there.

Goal 2.  Run a stand-alone marathon. The only marathon I've run was part of IMCHOO. I'd like to do one without the swimming and biking before it. But I want it to be a BIG marathon. New York or Chicago - something like that.

Goal 3.  Read 52 books. I've done this for the past two years and it will continue to be an on-going goal. What can I say? I love to read.

Goal 4. Take a cooking class.  My husband does most of the cooking and I'd like to change that. But I not only to do more cooking, I'd like to enjoy cooking. I'm hoping a cooking class will help.

Goal 5. Leave the country.  Or, at least take a "big" vacation. It doesn't have to be a big European tour, but I want to travel more.

   So, that's it. I'm also planning on knocking off a few more states from my 50 state challenge. I'm heading down to Mississippi tomorrow for the Mississippi Blues Half. Only 38 more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment