Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Planner

    I've had a few people ask me about my new planner, so I thought I'd show it to you in a little more detail.  It's an Erin Condren life planner. I am a total planning, spreadsheet, organizational geek when it comes to my workouts. I have the personality type of "if it's on the sheet of paper, I must do it," so a planner like this is a must for me. In the past, I've created calendars in Word and used those to plan my workouts. My diet log was written down somewhere else. I'm loving the idea of having everything in one place.


     This is the cover. There are probably twenty different covers from which you can choose. You can personalize the covers with your name, initials or nick-names - I'm really mad that I didn't put "Mylls to Go" on it, instead of my initials. Oh well. You can even upload a photo on the cover, if you want. I went with a good, old-fashioned, inspirational quote. You really can't go wrong with Thoreau.


   There are actually inspirational quotes throughout the planner. You can't personalize the quotes or the pages inside the planner. At least, I don't think you can. The choosing of the cover was stressful enough for me, so I might have glossed over other options.


   This is one of several calendars in the planner. This is the month at a glance. This is where I'm going to plan my races and where I'm meeting people for workouts - a more generic overview of my schedule. Again, I don't think you can choose the colors or anything inside the planner, so if you don't like a lot of color, then this isn't the planner for you. It's pretty bright.


   This is another one of the calendars. Each column is a day that is broken up to morning, afternoon and evening. This is where I'll log the actual workout for the day, as well as my diet. There is also an extra column for "goals & notes" to the left.


   One of the later pages is a contacts page. This is actually a page that I recommend everyone have, no matter what type of planner you have. When my parents house burnt down in 2012, my mom happened to keep a contacts page like this that had all of the phone numbers that you rarely call, but when you need to call them - you NEED to call them. You know, like your cable provider, the electric company and things like that. The day after the fire, I took my mom's list and called the everyone who needed to be contacted and it was SO MUCH EASIER since I had all of the contacts right there. Seriously - do yourself a favor and create a list of contacts like this.
   

   Like any good planner, there are a couple of pockets for extra papers...or labels that Erin Condren sent to me for free!  


   And I love these (yes, I'm a huge geek)! These are small stickers that say things like "birthday, appointment, concert" and what not. Put these on your monthly calendar and never forget a birthday again!
   So, that's pretty much it. I mean, when it comes down to it, it's a fancy daytimer. But it's pretty and a lot more fun to use than a standard daytimer. They even have matching pens and elastic bands you can order to go along with the planner. Yes, I know, everyone has a smart phone that can help with your planning and contacts, but I really like to write things down. It's fun to flip back and look at past workouts and see what my notes were for that day. For whatever reason, I don't really write as many notes or review my workouts when I'm logging things digitally. 
   If you're interested in ordering a planner, you're going to be a little late as I think you can only order them January - December. Mine was about $40, but I had a $10 discount. If you're interested, I can send you a link for the discount, as well. You can order them at www.erincondren.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment