Thursday, December 13, 2012

Whomp Whomp

   So, in my last post, I mentioned how I was waiting for notification from the DC Nike Women's Half Marathon. My three college friends and I had all applied to be in the lottery for their race on April 28th. Well - guess who all got in? My three friends. Guess who didn't? ME!! I'm totally bummed because I was really looking forward to this race. Not to be too overly dramatic, but 2012 hasn't been the best year for me. Between my parents' house burning down, my company being bought and now my dog being hurt (poor Hef), this year has been one giant ball of stress. I was REALLY looking forward to a weekend away with my runner girls. Sigh.
   Fortunately, all hope isn't lost. I can still sign up as a charity runner with Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'm not sure about this because, while I'm a huge fan of LLS, I'm a horrible fundraiser. I'm TERRIBLE at asking people for things, especially money, even if it is for a good cause. But I really want to do the race. And I've heard training with TNT is an amazing experience. I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably decide over the weekend so I can get my fundraising started if needed. If anyone has any experience with TNT, I'd love to hear about it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment