Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Three Liters a Day

   I started something new last week - I started drinking three liters of water a day. I know for some of you, that might not be any big deal, but for me, it is. I'm not a big water drinker. Diet Dr. Pepper, I can drink ALL DAY. Hot tea, I can drink ALL DAY (my office is freezing). I have a hard time with water, though. Even though I know how good water is for you, it's just too bland for me. I want flavor! And yes, I've purchased the Propels, the Mios, and other types of water-flavorers (is that even a word? Flavorer? Well, it is now.), but I run out after a few days and then I'm stuck drinking boring water again.
   However, I've been having issues with side stitches when running recently - really debilitating side stitches. They originally started when I was running in New York back in June, and then have randomly hit during long runs ever since. The worst was during Chattanooga Waterfront Olympic triathlon, where I couldn't even get through the first mile of the run because of the pain. I know that if one of these hit while I'm running IMCHOO, my race might be over. Therefore, I'm trying to do everything I can to prevent it. Consistently hydrating everyday is one of those things.
   And you know what? It seems to be working. Granted, I only started this on the 25th, so I can't say for sure that I'm forever free from side stitches, but I've had several long, humid runs without any issues. Even this morning, I had a hilly, eight mile run before work. It was so humid that I was drenched by mile two. But no side stitches. I think I might be on to something here.
 
1,400 feet of elevation gain on this run. Gotta love my new neighborhood.
 
   24 days!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment