Friday, August 29, 2014

29 Days...

   I don't know how, but I completely missed the one month countdown of IMCHOO yesterday.  Well, I do know how - I had a morning run, I worked all day, then I had an almost two-hour trainer workout. AND my parents came in town. I'm completely running on fumes. No wonder I forgot about the date!
   But wow - I'm 29 days out from an Ironman. That's CRAZY. Seriously, like any huge challenge, I just can't wrap my head around it. Even with bib numbers and the athlete's guide being released this week - I still can't believe I'm about to attempt a 144.6 mile Ironman. Yes, it'll be 144.6 thanks to the extra bike mileage. I'm hoping, if I finish, to find a custom oval car sticker with 144.6 on it, rather than the standard 140.6.
   I'll, obviously, be getting more and more nervous as the time grows closer. If you see me out and about over the next 29 days, and I seem a little distracted, please don't take offense. I'm probably just trying to figure out my nutrition plan or how I'm going to survive the Percy Warner-like hills on the IMCHOO run course and make it to the finish before midnight.
   29 Days...  Sigh.  #1229 signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment