Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Stick a Fork in Me...

   This morning, I was supposed to run five miles. Nothing crazy. Just five miles, mostly easy with a few minutes of tempo. No big deal, right? So I got up, got dressed and started running...and it's terrible. Just awful. It was like was trying to run through a bed of molasses. What was weird about it was that there wasn't really a reason for it. I'm not hurt. I'm not overly tired. I was hitting my pace fine. But for whatever reason, I just couldn't get into my run this morning.
   So I didn't. I hit a mile and a half and thought, "I don't want to do this anymore" and walked home. Yes, that is correct. I quit mid-run and walked home.
   I figured I'd give it a go again after work when I was a little more awake. I repeated the same routine I did in the morning. Got out of work, changed clothes and started running. The weather was perfect - a beautiful Spring day with bright blue skies. I even decided on a route that was full of blooming Cherry Blossom trees, thinking that a scenic run would get me more excited about running.
   Nope. Didn't even make it a mile this time before turning around. I finally admitted to myself that I'm burnt out. The motivation just wasn't there. At least today, it wasn't. I'm not sure about tomorrow. I'm supposed to ride in the morning. I'll guess I'll find out then. Until then, I'm taking the night off and watching junk TV. If anyone has a little extra motivation I can buy from them, please let me know. I'll pay good money for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment