Friday, March 28, 2014

Six Months

   Tick Tock, Tick Tock - what's that? Just the seconds ticking away until Ironman Chattanooga. I'm officially six months out. Six months until I attempt the most difficult athletic endeavor I will probably ever try. Surprisingly, I am calm. Though I haven't had an official training schedule up to this point, I've been exercising regularly, so I have a decent base. How much that will help me over the next six months remains to be seen.
   Rather than being nervous, I'm excited about what lies ahead. I'm excited about testing my limits and to see how far I can push myself over the next six months. I'm excited to see how much I, hopefully, improve both mentally and physically. I know it's going to be a rough six months, and a lot of it is going to hurt - badly. And there will be times when I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing, especially when out riding an 80-mile solo bike ride in the middle of 90-degree July weather. But I know that every drop of sweat and every aching muscle will bring me closer to the finish line where, if I'm lucky, I'll hear Mike Reilly say those magic words - "Kristine Mylls - YOU are an Ironman."  
  Training officially starts tomorrow. Bring it.


No comments:

Post a Comment