Saturday, September 28, 2013

It Just Got Real, Y'all...

   Ironman Chattanooga is one year from today (take a look at my fancy countdown clock in the upper right-hand corner!). That might seem really far off, but having a year until the race makes it real for me. It's no longer just some event off in the distance. It's a year away. Tomorrow, it will be less than a year away.  Soon, it will be 10 months away, then 6 months... I know how quickly time can sneak by - and I want to be ready.
   So, though I don't "officially" start training for this race until January, I'll still be out there over the next few months biking on the Trace or running over in Shelby Park. Training for the training, if you will. If you see me, feel free to come say hi, offer some kind words of encouragement and maybe give me a cookie. I'm going to need all of the support I can get.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment