Sunday, January 13, 2013

And the Rain Came Down

   Nashville is having an identity crisis when it comes to weather.  Remember how it was so cold last week that Dudley had frost on his fleece? Well, it was a total reversal of weather this week. It got up into the upper 60's this week. We went from running in tights and layers to shorts and t-shirts. I'm honestly surprised I'm not sick.
   Unfortunately, though it was warm, it pretty much rained the entire weekend. I don't mind running a little rain, but the TNT run on Saturday AM was a downpour. Of course, it was only sprinkling at the start and then poured during the run, and then stopped when we were finished. Oh well.
   The run itself was fun. The entire TNT group was together this time. Last week was only Coach Carey's group. It was nice to meet more people and hear more about why they are with TNT. Again, as with the smaller group, most of the people I met had trained with TNT previously. Some have done it four or five times! The Mission Moment was given by a woman whose mother survived multiple myeloma. She was originally given 4-5 years of survival, but did great with her treatment and is really doing well after 10 years! This is the same type of cancer Dudley's uncle is fighting, so that's encouraging.
   I also received a little TNT swag. Once you hit $250 in fundraising, you receive a t-shirt. YAY! We also all received terrycloth wristbands. I've never used a wristband before, and considering it was raining, it got soaked and couldn't serve its purpose, but I'm sure when it gets warmer it'll come in handy.

It's fun to get swag! 

   And as far as my fundraising is going I'm at $1,285, or 26%!! After only a week and a half! I'm totally blown away by this. I can't thank people enough. And, because I know you want to see it, here's my updated runner girl chart!  It's getting more purple every day!  

Seriously - this thing is almost blinding.

   Today I attempted to run 8 miles with my EN girls. Again, it started out with just a little rain, and then started pouring mid-run. Since my Newtons were still drenched from yesterday, I switched to my Brooks, which I hadn't run in for about six months. It didn't work out very well. I got about a mile in when my ankle started to hurt. Considering I already had a long run in for this week, the milage for today didn't really matter. I ran another mile before I decided to turn around and head back to the car. I figured if I did hurt my ankle, I wanted to be closer to the car, not further away. The pain subsided after about a half-mile, and there is no swelling tonight, so I think I'm OK. YAY! I have a lot of running to do this year! I would hate to be sidelined so early in the season.
   Tomorrow morning - mile repeats with FTP. 5:30 am. Hopefully, it won't be raining. I'm sick of running in the rain! 


No comments:

Post a Comment