Monday, January 11, 2016

New Year / New Goals

   2016 is already in full swing! In fact, January is almost half-way through! It's about time I set some goals for the year. So here they are, in all of their public-accountibility goodness:

1) Entertain more:  I'm not going to set anything specific like "Host something once a month," but I would like to have people over more. Our previous home was such a parking nightmare for guests that we never entertained. I got out of the habit of inviting people to the house.

2) Learn to knit / crochet:  I'm a wannabe crafter. Seriously. I would love a sewing machine. I'd be making the heck out of some throw pillows if I had a sewing machine . But for now, I would like to start with knitting. Surely, I can make an infinity scarf, right?

3) Refinish the dresser in the guest room:  Sticking with the crafty theme for this one. I see a refurbished armoire on Pinterest and am all "I can do that," but never do. I even have a dresser that needs to be refinished! This poor dresser just sits in our guest room all sad and pathetic. I should strip the paint off, restain it and add new hardware. I even already have the hardware!  I just haven't done it. But in 2016 - it will be done!

4) Take a cooking class:  This one is left over from 2015. Completely forgot about it.

5) Do something scary:  I haven't fully defined this one yet. I'll know it when I do it though. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. And no, I'm not jumping out of an airplane. Ever.

6) 2016 - The Year of Trails:  I know that next year, I'd like to do Ironman Lake Placid. So for this year, I'd like to shake things up a bit athletically and hit the trails. I'm not very good at them yet- I just got my first pair of trail running shoes about a month ago and my mountain bike is a tank. I'm toying with the idea of hitting several trail races this year and maybe even an off-road tri. We'll see.

7) Listen to more David Bowie:  I didn't realize how much this was lacking in my life until today. I recommend everyone have this goal. May he Rest in Peace.

Ongoing: Read 52 books. I signed up for the Goodreads challenge again. Fourth year in a row. We'll see how it goes!

Ok - these are out there now! Y'all need to keep me accountable!  And if anyone would like to join me for any of the above - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment