Friday, February 21, 2014

No Swim for You!

   It's been almost two weeks since my mysterious chest pain suddenly appeared.  Unfortunately, after taking the assigned medication for the first week, my symptoms (stabbing pain in my right chest when coughing, sneezing, etc.) hadn't really gone away.  In fact, there were times when I felt that it might even get getting worse.
   So - I called the doctor again. Being that I only received one week's of medication, surely I was supposed to be healed, right? Nope! Turns out this inflamed sternum / muscle tear/ fractured rib thing I have going on can take 4-6 weeks to heal! 4-6 WEEKS! And what's frustrating is that I didn't even do anything to injure myself other than cough! Stupid, stupid illness.
   The worst part about this is that I'm supposed to be limiting my movement during this time. No heavy lifting, gardening or...wait for it...SWIMMING! That's right - the only sport that you can usually do whenever you're injured is now off limits to me. This is really annoying because I'm FINALLY starting to really like swimming. Last season, you almost had to pay me money to get me to the pool at 6:00 am once a week. Now I'm there at least three days a week and want to do more.
   Again, I'm not set to officially start training for Chattanooga until April. I really, really hope that this is the last of my setbacks so I can have six solid months of training. Sigh.

I'll miss you, Pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment