Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Mind in a Nutshell

   This happened in the last 10 minutes. So, I'm taking a little break for lunch and catching up on what's going on in the Olympics when I stumbled upon this photo.

Holy Abs!!  

   This came from Olympian Kris Freeman's Twitter feed. He's on the right with Kikkan Randall on the left. They are both Olympic cross-country skiers currently representing the USA in Sochi. So, I immediately think "I'm totally taking up cross-country skiing!  Look. At. Those. Abs!"
   And then, not five minutes later, a co-worker walks in my office with these:

Sooo Tasty!
   
   Immediately, I experienced a case of mental whiplash so great that I almost got brain freeze. My thoughts changed from fitness and health to the extreme opposite by wondering if I could eat an entire box of Samoas for lunch (I LOVE them). And I'm definitely NOT thinking about keeping these here at the office so I don't have to share them with my husband. I would NEVER do that (Hi Honey!).
     So, this is my life - it's a constant back-and-forth and my thoughts can do a complete 180 in about 30 seconds. Fortunately, now that I'm back to working out on a regular basis, the voice of reason will eventually set in and I won't gorge myself of Thin Mints. Though I really, really want to.
    On another note, it's supposed to be 60 degrees in Nashville next week! After two months of freezing temperatures (it was 17 degrees this morning), I'm REALLY looking forward to a little warmth! Winter, be gone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment