Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm Sponsored!! Well, Sorta, Kinda...

   One thing that is very popular with running / triathlon companies right now is advocacy sponsorships. Rather than solely sponsoring athletes on race results, they will sponsor people who will actively promote their product at races and through social media. In return, the athlete will receive some free and/or discounted products for them to use, give out at races and write about in their blogs/twitter, etc.
   I had heard about these sponsorships, but didn't really know how to go about getting one. Then I saw a company that I LOVE advertise for their advocate sponsorship program, the Hive, so I applied. And I got selected! So who is this company? They only make the tastiest energy waffles, bars and gels in the business. That's right - it's Honey Stinger.

I'm a member of the Hive, y'all!  

   So what does this mean? Well, honestly, not too much. It's not a "real" sponsorship where I get paid to race or get my face on the packaging (which would be AWESOME, BTW), but it's kind of neat and I might get some swag out of the deal. And you will see me eating Honey Stinger products at races or possibly writing poetry about how much I love them. Oh wait - I've already done that (and that). So really nothing will change. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Honey Stinger and was already a huge advocate for them. I just now might get a t-shirt out of it!  ;-)
   And GREAT news on the TNT fundraising front, but that's for a different blog!
I'm fighting cancer through Team in Training.  Click below to help!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/tn/nikewhlf13/kmylls



No comments:

Post a Comment