Sunday, March 6, 2011

So Here We Go...

Well, I went and did something pretty crazy last Thursday.  I went and signed up for a Half-Ironman triathlon.  To put it mildly, I'm kind of stressing about it.  While I've always been somewhat athletic, I've never done attempted anything this insane.  Sure, I've finished several half-marathons and a sprint tri, but that's nothing compared for what is waiting for me on September 25 in Augusta, GA - a 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike ride and a 13.1-mile run.  Talk about getting out of my comfort zone.

So, I thought I'd start writing about my workouts, races and what not; mainly so I have a record for myself, but who knows - maybe someone (if anyone else reads this) will find something interesting or helpful.  

But that's all going to have to happen another night.  It's 9:11pm and I have to get up for a 5:15am spin class.  I've never taken a spin class and have no idea what to expect.  What do I wear?  Cycling shorts?  I know some people bring cycling shoes, but I have Keo pedals and somehow I'm thinking the Y will only have SPDs on their bikes.  See- already, so many things to think about!!  Sigh.

5:15 in the morning is going to come really early...  Ugh.






2 comments:

  1. This is great! Can't wait to see you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! How did the spin class go? I wear my cycling shorts! :)

    ReplyDelete