Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rest Day

   I'm not exercising today in any way, shape or form.  It's Thursday and there is a Predators game tonight so I'll be at working until around 10:00.  Working a regular 8-5 job, plus part-time freelance production work just makes too long of a day to fit in a work-out too.  Plus, rest is good.  It allows the body to heal from all of the craziness I force it to go everyday.
   However, I am trying to set up my training schedule for the HIM (Half-Ironman).  I found 20-week beginner schedule that I'm going to compare against the 16-week one my friend Jay gave me.  If I go with the 20-week, that means I have about two months to prepare; the start date would be May 8th.  I'm looking into private coaches as well.  I don't want to go crazy with the money (and coaches can be EXPENSIVE), but a little instruction would be helpful.
   I also signed up for the Ramblin' Rose Sprint Triathlon on May 15th.  That'll be my first tri of the year.  It's pretty short - 250m swim, 9-mile bike and 2-mile run.  It'll give me something to train for other than my 20-week countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment