Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Peachtree Road Race

   Dudley and I are doing something different this Fourth of July - the Peachtree Road Race. This race has been on my bucket list for a few years. Why? Because it's the World's Largest 10k. That's right - the World's Largest. As in 60,000 people large. SIXTY-THOUSAND PEOPLE! Running. At one time! Holy crap.
   As someone who doesn't like crowded races, or crowds in general, this race could be my personal version of hell. However, there has to be a reason why this race has been around since 1970. And also a reason why 60,000 people want to do this race every year. Correction - 60,000 people GET IN to this race. There's a lottery to enter.
   I already know we're not going to be posting any PRs at this weekend - just too many people. Even my coach said to take a camera and have fun, which is exactly what I'm going to do. I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment