Monday, July 28, 2014

Two Months

   Yeah...so, today is July 28. Ironman Chattanooga is September 28th. It's officially two months away. We've also hit the single-digit week countdown - only nine more weeks to go.
    I'm a little worried about this, because I feel like I should be panicking right now, but I'm not. I don't know if I'm just worn down from all of the training or what, but I'm really not nervous about the race right now. That feeling will probably change as the date gets closer, but for now - I'm cool. According to Coach Andrew, my training is pretty much where it should be. I had possibly the two most boring long workouts ever over the weekend (five hour solo bike ride and two hour run on a treadmill with no audio for the TV), and you know what? They didn't kill me and, shockingly, actually weren't so bad. Even the treadmill run wasn't THAT bad. Tedious, yes, but I never felt like I couldn't complete it.
   I guess my body has just adapted to the new level of training that I'm throwing at it. My workload progression has been gradual and my workouts have been consistent. They might not always be the best workouts, but I get them done. I maybe have missed three workouts since Ironman training started four months ago. Consistency is key, people.
   I'm excited to see where the next two months take me. I have training camp in Chattanooga this weekend, which will be interesting. Three days of non-stop swimming, biking and running. I'm thinking that if I can survive that - the actual race will be a cakewalk!


No comments:

Post a Comment