Thursday, January 30, 2014

What's Your Word?

   My brother, Rob, called last night. He lives in Santa Cruz, so unfortunately, we don't get to see each other that much. But we talk when we can. Generally, we talk about basic stuff - work, cycling (he owns a spin gym) and the like. We rarely get into anything too deep. Which is why I was kind of surprised when he asked me last night what my word was.
   "My what?"
   "Your word. Your word for 2014."
   Until that moment, I hadn't really thought about it. One word? To encompass the entire year? I mean, that's a lot of pressure for ONE word. He went on about how this was a topic of conversation at dinner the other night. Some of the words that night were happy, supportive and divorce (sad).
   My word immediately came to mind: Ironman. What else could it be? Pretty much everything I'm going to be doing over the next 240 days (!!) is going to be dedicated to IM Chattanooga in late September, and the remaining months of 2014 will be recovering from it.
   I think it's a neat concept of having a word for the year. It's something so simple, but yet can set a foundation for the entire year. So, I ask you. What's your word?

No comments:

Post a Comment