Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

   So I'm sitting here trying to come up with something witty to write, but I got nothin'. Did I ride last week?  Yep!  30-miles in Saturday.  Saved a snail from certain death AND rescued two stray doggies who were running in traffic. (What can I say? I'm an animal lover.)
   Did I run? Of course! A couple of times. I had a fun 5-miler with my TNT group and a VERY hilly 5k with East Nasty earlier in the week, and then a rain-soaked 10-miler Sunday. But nothing really "blog-worthy."  Well, except that I witnessed the rescuing of a baby goat who had his head stuck in the fence.  Let me tell you, there is nothing more pathetic than a baby goat with his head stuck in a fence. Poor little guy. (Yes, he's OK.)
   I did sign up for the Memphis in May Olympic Distance Triathlon. THAT should be interesting. Even though the name states that the race is in Memphis, it's actually in Tunica, MS.  That's right - the gambling capital of the South. Or, at least Mississippi. For some reason, this race chooses a country to celebrate every year as a theme. This year it's Sweden. Kind of random, but why not? Go Sweden!
   This weekend is the Oak Barrel Half Marathon. Remember in a previous post, I stated that there are races you do for fun, and races you do for time? Well, this is the former. This race is supposed to be one of the hardest in Tennessee. It has a hill that is so tough that it has a name - Whiskey Hill. It even has it's own Facebook page!! So yeah... I'm slightly terrified really looking forward to it! There is, however, supposed to be some serious swag given away at this race AND an awesome medal. (Listen up, race directors - this stuff is important!! Racers like swag! We will come to your race for swag!) Plus, a whole slew of East Nasties are coming down for the race, and I think my FTP training partner Kathy is as well. I plan on taking a lot of photos. If I don't get one of me sitting on a tractor or with a cow, I'm going to consider this race a failure. THAT'S how seriously I'm taking it.


   Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend!! And don't forget I'm still raising money for TNT! Click here to help my fight against blood cancers!  http://pages.teamintraining.org/tn/nikewhlf13/kmylls





2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'm running Oak Barrel too! See you there! I'm looking forward to all the goodies at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are Swiftwicks socks for the finishers! Love my Swifties!!

    ReplyDelete