Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Off To Muncie

   Tomorrow I'm heading out for Indiana to race Ironman Muncie 70.3. Now, I know some of you might be thinking, "But Kristine, didn't you just race Raleigh 70.3? Isn't it too soon to race another 70.3?" And the answer to both of those questions is "Yes." But I'm doing it anyway.


   Why? Because I easily succumb to peer pressure. Ok, I'm kidding....kind of. I never really had any desire to race Muncie because all I ever heard about the race was that it while it was fun, it was also really, really hot. They even had to change it to an Olympic distance a few years ago because of the heat. And, as history has shown, I don't react to hot races very well. However, I have several friends doing the race, including my awesome friend Kathy. Since I moved a couple of years ago, we don't have the opportunity to train and race together as much as we used to. So, Kathy and I are having a girl's weekend away and going to Muncie. Sure, we could have gone to a spa or something like that, but you don't get a medal at the end of a spa weekend. However, as usual, I did do my nails to match the race.

I should find a cardinal to stick on my thumb, huh?

   I don't have huge expectations for this race. I hope to push myself a little more than I did in Raleigh, and hopefully not puke (always a goal of mine). We're predicted to have decent weather, so we might luck out there. My age group starts in the last wave, over an hour after the official race start, and I'm not looking forward to that. There isn't anything more discouraging than coming out of the water into transition and the only bike left in transition is yours. It doesn't matter that you started after everyone else - it's still a mental blow. But there is nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going to focus on what I CAN do and move forward.  
   I'm bib number 1922 for those following at home! Please send me some good vibes! Should be fun!

__________________

I'm raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!!  Help me save the lives of those fighting blood cancer!  Please donate today!  http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/nyc16/KMylls



No comments:

Post a Comment