Monday, November 3, 2014

Holiday Feasting Season

   It's upon us again - Holiday Feasting Season. That time of year where there is food everywhere you go. My office is especially bad. Thanks to the holidays and end-of-year birthdays, we will have snack food in our break room almost every day until January 1st. Believe it or not, this is actually an improvement from years past. It used to be EVERY DAY. It would start out with left over Halloween candy for about two weeks. Then we'd move on to a birthday or two, which means cake for a week or chicken-minis from Chick-Fil-A. Then there is Thanksgiving, where we have a catered lunch AND potluck (y'all - I work for a restaurant AND live in the South. Potlucks are insane. And buttery.). By the time December rolls around we're getting the annual shipments of popcorn, cookies, etc. from vendors. Then there is the Christmas luncheon, and we snack off of that for a week. And that's just food from my office. That doesn't factor in the Holiday parties or actual Thanksgiving / Christmas dinners. So by New Year's, it's no surprise that we're 5-10 pounds heavier.

What is currently on my break room table.

   Well, not me. Not this year. I weighed myself on Halloween. I'm at 130 lbs. right now (that's right - I made my weight public) and plan on still being 130 on January 1st. I've reactivated my "myfitnesspal" account and will be logging everything I consume. AND I'm back on my 3-liters of water a day goal. That kind of went out the window when I finished IMCHOO.
   I'm also still exercising. I took a little break after IMCHOO, but I have new goals for 2015 and need to get working on them! But first, I need to knock out this little Holiday Half Marathon in early December. I'm just running it for fun (i.e. very slowly!), but the training will at least keep me moving.
   Do you have fitness goals over the Holidays? Or you just shut it down and enjoy a few months off?

No comments:

Post a Comment