Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Love/Hate Relationship with Running

   Recently, I've been having issues with my running. Some of my recent runs have not only left me injured, but mentally defeated. I know, I know - running is hard. Running in the Summer is harder. But coming back from my sprained ankle has been harder than I expected. I'm slower. My ankle hurts. My hip hurts. I recently had a bug fly into my mouth and sting my lip while I was running. Let me repeat that... I had a bug. Fly into my mouth. And sting my lip. True story! Stuff like that happens to me! I'm a freakin' mess. During my run last Friday, I seriously considered moving to strictly cycling because I hated running so badly at the moment.
   But then...then...you have a run when all of the stars align. The weather is perfect - in the 70's and no humidity...in August. Friends you haven't been able to run with in months show up to run. The chosen course is challenging, but doesn't kill you. For some reason, the aches and pains of previous runs have disappeared. No bugs fly in your mouth. Running seems easy. Almost, dare I say...fun? And it is awesome.
   Maybe I'll stick to this running thing for a little while longer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment