Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Must Be Crazy

   So I've had a couple of interesting workouts recently.  Some of the questioning my sanity, "what the hell am I doing out here" type of workouts.  Now that the race is a mere 50 days away, the workouts are getting longer and harder.  And they're kicking my butt.
   Over the past few weeks I've been getting up before 5:00am on Saturdays so I can be riding by 6:00am.  I've gotten stuck in a horrible rainstorm 20 miles away from my car.  I've run in 98 degree weather with 110 degree heat index.  I've gotten on my indoor trainer at 10:00pm because that was the only time I could ride that day.  And today I started my 8-mile run KNOWING I was running into a rainstorm, possibly a really bad one.
   But I've done them all.  Some of the workouts haven't been pretty.  Some of them have been slow (OK - most have been slow).  But at the end of the day, I can look at my workout log and check off the workouts as "Done" and there's something to be said for that.  Of course, I'm not sure what that is yet...  Hopefully, I'll figure it out by the time I hit the finish line in Augusta.

No comments:

Post a Comment